Stella, Bettye Jane, Jan and I went to a Viking cake decorating class on Sunday, March 22nd. Our class of 10 spent 6 hours learning the tricks of cake decorating. We used several different icing tips and practiced stars, leaves, shells, rosebuds, roses, the rope, and the basketweave. Personally, the basketweave was my favorite. We learned to level the cakes before stacking and the proper way to add icing between the layers. Simple sugar for extra flavoring and moisture, tricks to add the icing to bags for piping, and smoothing techniques are just a few things we learned. We left with 4 beautiful cakes and NOTHING to clean up! I think that might have been the best part of the class....no cleanup! I had a great time with my mom, mother in law, and sister in law. I hope we can do it again soon!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Viking Cake Decorating
Stella, Bettye Jane, Jan and I went to a Viking cake decorating class on Sunday, March 22nd. Our class of 10 spent 6 hours learning the tricks of cake decorating. We used several different icing tips and practiced stars, leaves, shells, rosebuds, roses, the rope, and the basketweave. Personally, the basketweave was my favorite. We learned to level the cakes before stacking and the proper way to add icing between the layers. Simple sugar for extra flavoring and moisture, tricks to add the icing to bags for piping, and smoothing techniques are just a few things we learned. We left with 4 beautiful cakes and NOTHING to clean up! I think that might have been the best part of the class....no cleanup! I had a great time with my mom, mother in law, and sister in law. I hope we can do it again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mother and Shelbi once did the cake decorating class but after tasting theirs... we all decided they should have attempted the baking class first. It looked gorgeous but looks can be deceiving. Glad you guys had fun though!!!
ReplyDelete