I am so excited Michael and Ole Miss are working on the Rebel fans and their spirit! I truly believe that if all the Rebel fans had a game plan for cheering as well as new cheers/songs, the fans in the crown would encourage the players, distract the opponents, and create a successful experience! I hope that everyone learns the cheers and incorporates them into their football experience!
From Michael Thompson:
With just a week separating us from the beginning of the football season, I know everyone is ready to fill Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. That gives us exactly 7 days to learn the cheers that the team needs EVERYONE to embrace and participate in. As you also know, the number 7 is the number of home games we have this year. Each and every one of those games is an opportunity to give our team an advantage. And make no mistake about it, these cheers have been put in place to give the Rebels a home-field ADVANTAGE. With parity in almost every other area, this is one that we the fans can 100% control. I challenge each Rebel fan think about that and accept the responsibility that comes with it.
Awareness of the cheers is paramount and only a limited number of our fans read message boards, so I'm officially asking you to send the video link to every Rebel fan you know. Over the next 7 days, email it to everyone that you tailgate and sit with. Encourage your friends and family and others around you to embrace this. We will be distributing the video through as many channels as possible, but it is much more powerful when it comes from other Rebel fans.
Rebel Cheer Video http://www.vimeo.com/28218187
Rebel Cheer Video http://www.vimeo.com/28218187
Wear Red. Be Early. Be Loud.
Go Rebels!
Michael Thompson
Senior Associate Athletics Director
Communications and Marketing
Ole Miss Athletics
Rebel 101 from Ole Miss Rebels on Vimeo.
I love this, thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete