Jane still fusses when she has to go to school but we now bring it up the night before and have her help pick out what she wants to wear to help the morning routine easier. This morning, I decided that Jane didn't have to go to school and she could come with me to Hawthorne for Spring Pilgrimage. I was somewhat torn because our neighbor, Becky Jones, will be leading the Music Time in her classroom and I know that she loves music and singing and hated her to miss it. I called the school on the way and let them know Jane wouldn't be there for lunch. When we got to Hawthorne, she didn't want to put on her costume/princess dress and she started being sassy/bossy. By 9:30 I decided that she needed to go to school and hoped that we hadn't missed Music Time. Jane didn't put up much of a fight after hearing that she would get to have a Music Time at school. I called the school on the way and was heartbroken when I heard she had just missed it and that I had to tell her the bad news. She made the saddest face I almost started crying. She kept repeating "No, I can't miss Music, mommy!" ugh!!
After I dropped her off to Ms. Armetric (of course she was whimpering), I stopped in the director's room and told her how upset we were. She said that Becky was in the one year old room and asked if I wanted her to take Jane in there for Music. Of course!! As I was leaving, Aretha went in Jane's room and this is the dialog I heard:
Aretha: " Jane, would you like to go to Music this morning?"
Jane: "No, Mommy made me miss Music this morning?" (Her palms went up then dropped them to her side as if just exhausted with the situation)
Jane went to Music and loved every second of it! I was thrilled she was able to go-and that I didn't make her completely miss Music!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute!
ReplyDelete